Thursday, January 10, 2013

No Sun

I don't know what's scarier: The fact that there is no sun in the sky or the fact that it took me about three weeks to notice there is no sun in the sky.

It started when I noticed a plume of smoke over some mountains.God knows what's causing it but it could be anything really. No fire stations and since I don't know why, when or how everyone in the world vanished there's no telling what the aftermath might have been. did planes fall out of the sky? Cars crash? Who the fuck knows... for about 5 seconds it was going to be my goal to find the source of the smoke (and presumably fire) but that's when I realized that in spite of there being a clear blue sky and few clouds, there was no sign of the Sun.

To be fair it might not have been missing this whole time. It occurred to me that this whole time I've probably just been focusing on ground level, looking for signs of life. Probably why I didn't notice the smoke either.

It might be obvious to point out that the effects of the sun are still in place. I might have had a clue that it was missing had there been no sunlight, or shadows, or heat... but there is.

Frankly I've no clue what's more disturbing at this point. Or even how many things to list.

Well... apologies but understandably today's been a bit of a fuck-off and I spent most of it drinking myself into incoherence and I plan to continue to do so.

Good day!

No comments: