Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ichi The Killer

There is something remarkably weird about this film!
I'm not talking about the content, in fact I cannot for reasons about to be disclosed.
No, I'm talking about the fact that I've tried to watch it several times and every time, 30 minutes in, I inexplicably slip out of consciousness... bizarre!
No matter how many times I've tried, I always wake up 2 or 3 hours later drowsily awakened by the DVD title music once again... it's uncanny. The film is far from boring, so it's not like I'm trying to sit through a Michael Bay marathon and dozing off, and I find myself fairly captivated by the story so my only guess is the film-makers put in some sort of subliminal tone in the soundtrack that has a frequency that affects only certain minds (if it affected everyone then no-one would have ever seen Ichi The Killer, and we would have some sort of a world-wide bizarre-o phenomenon going on!) and sends them off into a deep unconscious state (otherwise known as "sleep"!).

It's truly bizarre and I have no explanation for it!

Oh yeah, did I mention that every time I wake up there are gallons of blood splattered everywhere and a mountain of bodies mysteriously appears in my basement?

How queer!

No comments: