Sunday, June 8, 2008

Diary Of The Dead

That's weird, I thought I already reviewed this film when I watched it but I guess not... Unfortunately it means that in my head I've already expelled all the information I have on the matter and I really don't feel like repeating myself. I shall, however summarize my favorite things about the film
  • The line near the beginning about how the undead cannot run because they'd snap their ankles, which I took to be a fairly obvious stab at a few modern (and a few older) Zombie flicks on Mr. Romero's part.
  • The line near the end about waiting in the panic room "for all this to blow over", which I do believe must have made Simon Pegg shit his pants, for George A. Romero to actually reference his zombie film. Possibly more than he shit his pants when he was asked to be in George A. Romero's zombie film. Possible more than he shit his pants when he was asked to be in both of George A. Romero's newest zombie films. Simon Pegg probably just shits his pants every day out of sheer excitement for his life.
  • The fact that George A. Romero's political themes and sub-themes aren't in any way trying to masquerade themselves behind the film like some film-makers would do, but instead are completely blatant and transparent. I always feel that if you have a political message (or any kind of message for that matter) to make with your art, there's no point in pussy footing about trying to show your distaste for the Bush administration by painting a dying Sunflower... subtly is for giant fuck-tards and David Lynch. Oh wait David Lynch is...
Moving on... this film was by no means perfect. It definitely had it's moments of tedium. The main flaw was in it's "realism", in a sense, because everyone kept going on about how annoying it was that some idiot was filming everything that was going on. This was, I felt, terribly realistic, as this probably would be people's reaction, but didn't make for a good film. Unlike Cloverfield which wasn't realistic because I think they only told him once to "turn the fucking camera off", far less often than they would in reality, but it made for a less tedious film because of it... That was really my only major gripe with the film, and since the film was trying to be as realistic as possible I should just pretty much shut my cake-hole

No comments: